Friday, April 06, 2007

Not fast enough with the camera

I really gotta practice taking pictures of the things I see around town with my cellphone camera. I saw something that would have made a great picture of just how silly things are with the police. I was sitting at a traffic light waiting to go straight with 2 lanes next to me, 15 cars deep waiting to turn left. The taxi in front of me bypassed the two lines of left-turning traffic and went to the front of the line placing him in front of another car that had done the same thing and wound up squarely in the middle of the crosswalk. Now, this in and of itself would not have been so suprising or upsetting since I see it every day but there was a police car sitting on the sidewalk on the same side of the street. To top this all off another police officer walked across from the opposite side of the street when the crosswalk light changed. He walked right between the two erring cars without even looking crossly at them. I beeped at him and when he looked at me, I indicated the two cars and shrugged my shoulders; blank stare and he walked away and got into his squad car (assumably for a nap). I really wanted to get out and let him have it but there was no where to park and I did not want to risk that he would decide to start giving tickets with me. I just wish I would have taken a picture.

No comments: