Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Can this guy make a speech or what!

Normally, I am apolitical, but this year's U.S. Elections are actually interesting for the first time in my adult life; an African-American, a woman, and a war hero making up the practical set of choices....and they ARE real choices. For the first time, I don't feel like I HAVE to choose the lesser of two evils. There are several good choices. I believe that ultimately it will come down to Obama and McCain and that is just fine with me. As a card-carrying fencerider, I am still giving both candidates a fair shot at my vote. That said, I recently came across "The Yes We Can Song" and thought I would share it with my readers. It is a political message, of course, and it is full of some familliar faces from music and Hollywood. It is based on a truly inspiring speech by Senator Obama. Although, I'm not naive enough to just allow an inspiring speech to take my vote from me since I prefer to look at the issues and the person as well as the candidate but if I voted tomorrow, he would probably get my vote because, like so many Americans, I want change, too. McCain is a good man and would undoubtedly be as good a president as Obama could, but he still hasn't inspired me like this. I'm waiting.

No comments: