Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Jack-the-bipolar-O'-lantern

Every Halloween, I take a little time to entertain and teach my children (my real ones) about pumpkin carving and the tradition of the jack-o-lantern. My daughter is 5 year old now and she is starting to understand a little bit about ghosts and goblins and scary-things-that-go-bump-in-the-night so, I told her that the jack-o-lantern should be scary so it will scare away all of the boogymen (and women, important to be P.C. don'cha'know) on Halloween. But she said that it is just to scary and she wants daddy to make a 'heart' jack-o-lantern. So, we made a deal that the scary side would face out the window to scare away the evil spirits and the heart side would face inside to give us a little chuckle now and again. The result: Jack-the-bipolar-O'-lantern.

BOO!

No comments: